Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We THOUGHT this had gone too easily.

Mirabel's oxygen saturation hasn't been very stable over the past few
days. Nothing emergent but after her surgery they should be better. We
went to radiology today and her right diaphragm is pushing up on her
right lung due to some nerve injury or damage.
Long story short, she is going to need a minor surgery this week.
They are going to put a couple of stiches in her diaphragm to flatten
it out and allow her lung to inflate completely and lower the
resistance for the incoming blood.
To make matters worse the surgery schedule is pretty full so they are
going to try to "fit us in" this week.
Overall we feel good about her prognosis but time-wise we are in
limbo. Of course we'll update here as we know more.
Take care,
The Stones.

10 comments:

The Smith's said...

This is EXACTLY what happened to Luke after his glenn & dks ... he had to go back in for the diaphragm plication as well. I'm sorry for your hiccup and know that even though this surgery is "small" compared to open heart, it's still surgery and it's still not home.

Dr. Permut did Luke's plication and did a great job (at least we think!) Luke's sat's really did pop up after the plication, so hopefully Mirabel's will too.

Thinking of you!

Love, Jesse

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news! I've been cheering on Mirabel all week. I'll continue to pray that you guys are home before we get there next week!

Sincerely, Leslie

Katie said...

Sorry Mirabel has to go through another surgery...that's such a bummer. Thinking of you guys and keeping your happy girl in our prayers!

Wyndi said...

our firend Alyc had the same thing after his glen as well. Dr Permut did his plication as well. We are sorry that she has this complication and will be keeping ou guys in our thoughts and hoping that you are giving a close date adn that all goes well and she recovers quickly! She is still a rock star!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures of Mirabel are adorable, she looks very happy. Hope you get in quick for the "fix it" surgery. Thinking about you guys - tell Mirabel to get better quick. Terry W

Mimi said...

Poor little girlie! I am another heart mommy of seattle children's. I am sorry she has to have another surgery! Yuck!

She is sure cute!

Jodi Faye Bullock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi Faye Bullock said...

I just read this entire blog from the beginning, and needless to say, I am in love with Mirabel. She's basically the cutest baby ever, and I'll keep her and her very strong folks in my thoughts.

Yikes. I just sounded exactly like my mom. But I meant it!

-Jodi/bottlekids

Jess and N8 said...

Oh no, poor baby. I'm so sorry to hear you all have to endure even more. I could just cry. Love you All!

Inez said...

Hi David and Cristy,

I'm keeping Mirabel in my thoughts and prayers. I hope this next procedure goes well. I don't know how tiny tots can handle that. If you need anything scream!

Inez Lindsey